The use of Very High Energy (50-250 MeV) Electron (VHEE) beams for Radiotherapy, and those involving FLASH radiotherapy or ultra-high dose rate (>=100 Gy/s) delivery, is at present a consolidated topic of research in many laboratories around the world.
The last VHEE conference took place online in 2020, in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, (https://indico.cern.ch/event/939012/) and a lot of progress has been made since then. Therefore, a follow up conference has been called this year.
This time the meeting we will be held in person from 11-13 July at DESY-Hamburg, where a new electron linac ARES (https://ares.desy.de/) is being prepared for “in vivo” experiments at high-energy. Hybrid zoom participation will also be possible.
The list of topics to be explored are:
- Current State of the Art.
- Treatment Planning, Modelling and Imaging.
- Current conventional facilities at intermediate (ELBE, PITZ, Flastron IC,Antwarpen..) and high (CLEAR, CLARA,ARES, ..) energies.
- Current and future non-conventional facilities LPA (DRACO, CALA, LOA, KALDERA)
- Planned future facilities (DEFT, FRIDA,...)
- Accelerators R&D and Technologies: distributed coupling, cryogenic copper, millimetric waves or THz sources...
- Interest from industries.
PhD students and young researchers are invited to submit abstracts to be presented during a dedicated poster session. Best posters will have the possibility to present their work in a short oral presentation. Please submit the abstracts as indicated in the indico page: https://indico.desy.de/event/38194/
Industries are also welcome to participate in a special industrial session.