The 3rd CERN Baltic Group School will take place on 7 - 11th of August 2023 in Lithuanian summer resort by the Baltic Sea coast – Palanga town.
This event is organised annually by the CERN Baltic Group (CBG) (13 main scientific institutions in the Baltic region) and is dedicated to the education of the end-master/doctoral level students of Baltic States and international audience.
The agreed format of CBG School is:
- high level lectures on particle physics and accelerator technologies, applications, etc. given by lecturers from CERN, USA, Germany, Switzerland, Latvia, United Kingdom;
- informal discussions between students and lecturers/professors;
- and of course, an attractive social and cultural programme.
Topics and areas covered by the CBG School this year are:
- Quantum field theory
- Quantum chromodynamics and electrodynamics
- Standard model physics and beyond
- Collider physics and precision physics at the LHC
- Accelerator technologies and applications
- Application of accelerators in medicine / Interface between machine and patient
The deadline for registration is June 20, 2023.
CBG School registration and further information can be found here: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1249205/